Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Need Help, Heloise!!!

Okay, here it is.  My husband volunteers me to make a dessert for a football party amongst friends.  No, this is not the problem.  I have a favorite cake that I make which is perfect.  It serves a crowd, it's chocolate, and everyone usually likes it.  So, I buy the ingredients and, as always, make the cake (which is baked in two rounds in my brand new gas oven that I absolutely love) the day before the event.  Then the pudding, whipping cream, and other notions are assembled just before transporting and/or serving.  You must also know I purchased two cake mixes and double everything just in case the oven failed me, because there is no such thing as operator error.... as we all know.  So still no problem.  Cakes turned out beautifully the first time.  I'm getting there.   Keep reading.

Now, the day of the party and just an hour before we have to leave with the cake in hand, I begin the assembling.  One cake, check.  One layer of chocolate pudding, check.  Spread the whipped topping, check.  Top with candy chips, check.  Viola!  Half way there.  Looks like it could be on the cover of "Taste of Home".

Here we go with the second part of the process.  The second cake, check.  Chocolate pudding, check.  Rinse out the bowl and spatula..... here lies the problem.  A corner of the rubber scraping spatula is GONE!  Please dear Heloise, let it be in the sink.  Nope.  Poke around the last layer of pudding.   Nope.  Look around the kitchen counter.  Nope.  Floor?  Nope.  Oh my heavens.  It's gone.  Do I take the cake anyway or stop at the store on my way?  Do I tell anyone?  Keep reading.

After deliberating with my husband and my mother, I call her HeLOISe, I decided to have a little fun.  I stick the trouble causing spatula in the middle of the creation instead of toothpicks to hold up the cellophane wrap to cover it.  When I brought in the dessert I asked everyone to please help me find the missing piece so that I could retire my spatula in its entirety into the garbage.  Thank goodness it was amongst friends and no one found it.  I still have one piece left.  Keep reading, I'll let you know.

Hahaha.  Hope you found this humorous.  Live, Laugh, Love!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment