Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FlipFlop Grossness

Before I get to the gross stuff.... the answer to the riddle: A Towel

Now, the amazing thing I read about flip flops. I don't understand how something with such a cute, catchy name can be so gross. There were 18,000 germs found in/on flip flops in a recent study. These included fecal, skin and respiratory bacteria. AND.... there were 13,900 MORE germs/bacteria found on flip flops that had found their way into a public restroom. I don't know about you.... but I wear my flip flops EVERYWHERE. It's crazy to think my flip flops can harbor staphylococcus aureus! This means these bacteria detected indicate obviously that feces, urine, spit, vomit, animal droppings were all present, on MY flip flops! Just because that is what’s on the streets of a big city and in public bathrooms. The good news here is, I do NOT handle them with my hands. So.... not to cause a flip flop frenzy panic (because chances are we are not going to stop wearing these staples in our summer attire) this blog is just for conversation purposes. Check this out if you would like to read more about if your flip flops can kill you!

No comments:

Post a Comment