Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pennies from ??

I just found a 2009 penny and I don't think it came from heaven. I noticed the "heads" side was unchanged, but the "tails" side has changed.... again. I think, (the best I could see with my magnifiers) it is now Abe Lincoln sitting on a log reading a book and there is an axe next to him. This is all fine and dandy, but what I want to know is why?? Why is there a need to spend billions or maybe even trillions of tax dollars recreating the penny? At one time I thought the penny was going to cease to exist, but now I get one that has been redesigned?? And this is not the first time. We've gone from wheat, to the Lincoln Memorial, and now to the Lincoln Log?? At least they still say "In God We Trust", but who knows when that will be axed. So, that's my two cents (no pun intended).

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Its the government they don't have any reason to do anything they just do it. I want to know why lincoln is cutting down trees, it was Washington that cut down the cherry tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He built a log cabin prior to the White House silly. Get it... Lincoln Logs!

    ReplyDelete