Tuesday, February 24, 2009

*NEW* Weekly Trivia Fun

A little weekly trivia for you. Something new added to this MAGNIFI CYN T Blog! (along with some cynful humor!)

We'll stick to the Academy Award theme, since I didn't watch them and have nothing to blog about regarding the movies (haven't seen most of them) or who won/didn't win, I did however watch a recap show on the "best dressed" and "worst dressed" which gets exceedingly old after a week. How much Brad and Angelina can we see? I read her dress looked like Mickey Mouse ears and had to chuckle and agree! Best dressed.... Sean Penn and his wife? Mr. and Mrs. Black? I could maybe have found better. I usually like Sarah Jessica Parker, but also had to agree with the real critics (even tho I do consider myself a real critic... in a different sense of the phrase. hehe) too much makeup and too much cleavage! Wow.... where did she get those? Sign me up.

Anyway.... now for the trivia part of the blog: Before the infamous "Hollywood" sign was 9 letters, it had four additional letters as an advertisement for a residential development. All of this happened way back in the 1920-30s so this is definitely for the movie history buffs. Does anyone know what the original sign was????

Tune in Friday for the answer! Go ahead and comment.... no fair peeking! Come on... it'll be fun!

1 comment:

  1. really, thats real interesting i already knew the answer though without reading it. film appreciation really paid off to bad its only in pointless trivial things.

    ReplyDelete