Thursday, September 17, 2009

Movie Critique

We watched Benjamin Button this past week and here is my review.  First of all, it is a long movie!  Interesting is one word I would use to describe it.  This is my way of saying I don't know if I liked it or not.  It was definitely different, to use another word to describe it.  I do get tired of the same old comedies about grown ups going back to college and family vacations.  I did, however, think it was depressing throughout the entire movie.  This poor child is born with this unnatural "backward" aging process and his life just seems doomed from the start, except for the fact his biological father did NOT throw him off a bridge.  Ok, next we have a little girl fall in love with him when he is equivalent to a 90 year old.  Hmmm.  Next, for a brief segment and the only time in the entire movie, he is happy with this girl because their ages have evened out and !viola! she is pregnant and he can't stick around because it will be too hard for the mom to raise both the child and himself.  Boohoo again.  And don't forget his biological father coming back into the picture.... oh but he is terminally ill.  Hopefully you are getting my drift here.  I'll stop so as to not give away the ending for those who haven't seen it and would like to.  In closing.... This  does not rate high on my list of entertaining movies.  On a 1-5 scale I will give it a 2 1/2 because of its original theme and the acting.  There ya have it!  Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment